Thomas Kleinheisterkamp is a partner in the Munich office of Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy and a member of the firm’s Tax Group. He was a part of the team that founded the Munich office in 2004.
Primary Focus & Experience
His practice areas comprise all aspects of national and international tax law and related corporate law aspects. In particular, Mr. Kleinheisterkamp focuses on transactional tax advice and corporate tax law including the tax aspects of corporate reorganizations. Furthermore, he advises both lenders and borrowers in all tax-related areas of acquisition and corporate finance and financial institutions on tax aspects relating to a broad range of financial products such as warrants and certificates.
Featured News:Milbank Advises Axel Springer in Connection with the Refinancing of EUR 1.5B Revolving Credit Facility
Milbank Frankfurt Finance Team Advises Axel Springer Aktiengesellschaft in Connection with the Refinancing of EUR 1,500,000,000 Revolving Credit Facility by way of Syndicated Multi-Currency Revolving Credit Facility and Promissory Notes
News:Milbank Advises Sky Deutschland on Acquisition of PLAZAMEDIA and a Minority Stake in SPORT1/Constantin Sport Marketing
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Link to the German version of this deal notice: Milbank berät Sky Deutschland beim Erwerb von PLAZAMEDIA sowie einer Minderheitsbeteiligung an SPORT1/Constantin Sport MarketingMilbank Advises Open-Xchange on Financing Round
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Link to the German version of the deal notice: Milbank berät die Open-Xchange AG bei FinanzierungsrundeMilbank Advises Eifeler Holding on the Sale of its Tool Coating Business to voestalpine
Link to the German version of the deal notice: Milbank berät Eifeler Holding beim Verkauf ihres Werkzeugbeschichtungsgeschäfts an voestalpine
More News about Dr. Thomas Kleinheisterkamp
His recent major transactions include the legal advice to:
- ProSiebenSat.1 Media AG on the sale of its Dutch and Belgian TV and print operations to a consortium of international media companies led by Sanoma Corporation.
- NYSE Euronext on the proposed combination with Deutsche Boerse.
- Loyalty Partner on the sale to American Express.
- ProSiebenSat.1 Media AG on the takeover by KKR and Permira.
- ProSiebenSat.1 Media AG on the sale of TV broadcaster N24.
- Edscha AG on the sale of IVM Automotive Group to Swedish Semcon AB.
- SULO GmbH on the acquisition of Cleanaway Deutschland Group and of Henning Group.
- The Carlyle Group and Advent International on the sale of HT Troplast Group to Arcapita.
- Advent International and The Carlyle Group on the joint acquisition of H.C. Starck Group from Bayer AG.
HVB Capital Partners AG on their co-investments.
Recognition & Accomplishments
Mr. Kleinheisterkamp is recommended for tax in the German directory JUVE Handbuch and Legal 500. In Chambers Europe he is also ranked as “up and coming” in tax law in Germany.
He studied law and economics (Wirtschaftsjurist, Univ. Bayreuth) at the University of Bayreuth, where he also obtained a doctorate degree (Dr. jur.). He has authored various publications in the area of national and international tax law, including the annotation regarding Sec. 10a GewStG (German Trade Tax Act) in the commentary by Lenski/Steinberg.
Mr. Kleinheisterkamp is admitted to the German bar and is accredited as tax advisor and certified tax lawyer (Steuerberater, Fachanwalt für Steuerrecht) in Germany. He speaks German and English.