Suhrud Mehta is a partner in the London office of Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy and leads the firm’s London Leveraged Finance Group.
Primary Focus & Experience
Suhrud focuses mainly on leveraged finance and restructuring transactions.
News:Milbank Earns Top Tier Rank in 19 Areas by Chambers & Partners Global 2013
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Seventeen Partners Earn Highest Ranking in One or More Law SpecialtiesMilbank Represents HS1, Ltd. in $915 Million Private Placement
First-time issuance for owners of UK's high-speed railway prices at nearly four times its cover amount
He has advised on some of the most significant cross-border, public to private, leveraged, infrastructure and investment grade financings in the London/European market, including:
- £5 billion bridge financing for the acquisition (take private) of Autonomy plc by HP
- Bank-Bond bridge financing for the take private of Northern Foods plc by Boparan
- Senior-mezzanine financing for the acquisition of Bureau van Dijk by Charterhouse Capital Partners
- $10.5 billion acquisition financing for Bharti Airtel’s acquisition of Zain
- Bank-bond refinancing for Porterbrook (and prior £1.6 billion acquisition financing)
- $50 billion acquisition financing for Vale’s bid for Xstrata plc
- £10 billion financing for acquisition of BAA plc
- Re-engineering of Expro’s $5 billion capital structure
- A number of some of the largest public takeover financings in the UK and Germany (HP-Autonomy, M&S, P&O, Northgate, BAA, Vale-Xstrata and Techem)
Numerous European leveraged financings/restructurings, e.g., Alliance Boots, ProSieben, Gala, European Directories, Convatec, Diaverum, HC Starck, Regency Casinos, CBR, Ideal Standard and Cognis
His leveraged and restructuring expertise focuses on multi-tiered capital structures: bank and bond and bank and mezzanine, in particular.
Recognition & Accomplishments
Suhrud has been recognised as a leader in his field by a number of journals, among them: Chambers UK (which designated him among the 1st tier of banking lawyers in London), Chambers Global, Legal 500, Who's Who Legal, Super Lawyers and Legal Business (where he was named as one of the leading finance lawyers/rainmakers in London). He has been described by Chambers UK as "driven and technically gifted", "extremely clever, industrious, superb technically, commercial in his outlook, responsive and dynamic" and by clients as "one of the best we've worked with, with an exceptionally commercial view of transactions".
He is the author of a number of articles published in International Financial Law Review and regularly speaks at conferences.