Sean Keaton is a partner in the London office of Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy and a member of the firm’s Technology & Outsourcing and the firm's Corporate Group. He joined Milbank in 2004 and became a partner in 2006
Primary Focus & Experience
Sean focuses mainly on advising companies on complex commercial and corporate transactions, including IT outsourcing and BPO projects, development projects, network services as well as strategic alliances, acquisitions and joint ventures in the technology and outsourcing sectors. He also has considerable experience advising on exits and renegotiations in the sector.
Sean also advises on a range of investment operations outsourcing projects for large Banks.
His recent representations include advising:
- A number of international companies on the renegotiation and exit from major outsourcing arrangements in Europe and in Asia;
- A global telecommincations company in relation to the restructuring of its existing outsourcing relationship;
- A leading pharmaceutical company on the restructuring of its IT and BPO services contracts;
- A global telecommunications company on the development and implementation of a new sourcing strategy;
- A leading international bank on IT, BPO and commercial projects;
- Numerous Banks in relation to Global Investment Operations Outsourcing projects; and
A leading Investment Bank in relation to the acquisition of a fleet management business.
Recognition & Accomplishments
Sean has been listed by The Lawyer as one of its “Hot 100” lawyers. He has also been named as one of the UK’s leading outsourcing practitioners in Chambers and Legal 500.