Rolf Füger is a partner in the Munich office of Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy, a member of the firm’s Tax Group and one of the three partners founding this office in 2004.
Primary Focus & Experience
Mr. Füger's practice covers all areas of corporate and international taxation. He has developed significant expertise in the private equity sector where he focuses on the development and implementation of innovative cross-border acquisition and financing structures, post-closing reorganizations and recapitalizations, exits including partial exits and the structuring of funds.
News:Milbank Advises EMERAM Capital Partners on Acquisition of the Fashion Brand Bench
Link to the German version of this deal notice: Milbank berät EMERAM Capital Partners bei Übernahme der Modemarke BenchMilbank Advises Shareholders on Sale of N24 to Axel Springer
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Link to the German version of this deal notice: Milbank berät Eigentümer bei Veräußerung von N24 an Axel SpringerMilbank Earns Top Tier Rank in 19 Areas by Chambers & Partners Global 2013
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Seventeen Partners Earn Highest Ranking in One or More Law Specialties
More News about Dr. Rolf Füger
His recent major transactions include providing legal advice to:
- Amerigon on the friendly takeover of publicly listed W.E.T. Automotive Systems AG.
- NYSE Euronext on the proposed combination with Deutsche Boerse.
- LGT Group, Liechtenstein, on the planned acquisition of BHF-Bank from Deutsche Bank.
- Loyalty Partner on the sale to American Express.
- The Carlyle Group on the acquisition of Primondo Specialty Group (PSG).
- Levine Leichtman Capital Partners (LLCP) on the acquisition of Luminator Technology Group (LGT)
- Axel Springer on the creation of a joint venture with Swiss publishing house Ringier relating to their activities in Eastern Europe.
- ProSiebenSat.1 Media AG on the takeover of the pan-European TV, radio and print conglomerate SBS Broadcasting Group.
- ProSiebenSat.1 Media AG on the takeover by KKR and Permira.
Apax on the friendly takeover of D+S Europe.
Recognition & Accomplishments
Mr. Füger is recognized as a leading partner in tax in the German directory JUVE Handbuch, Chambers Global and Chambers Europe and further directories.
Mr. Füger studied law at the University of Augsburg and was admitted to the German bar in 1990. He holds a doctorate degree of the University of Augsburg and is admitted as a certified tax lawyer (Fachanwalt für Steuerrecht) in Germany. He speaks German and English.
He lectures and publishes frequently on issues of domestic and international tax law. He is the co-editor of "International Tax Planning" ("Praxis Internationale Steuerplanung").