Roland Estevez is a partner in the New York office of Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy and a member of the firm’s Project Finance Group.
Primary Focus & Experience
Mr. Estevez’s practice is primarily focused on the representation of financial institutions, multi-nationals and developers across a broad spectrum of sectors, including oil and gas, power (including renewable energy), infrastructure and mining throughout Latin America.
News:Milbank Advises Google in $250M Agreement to Help Homeowners Finance Solar-Power Installations
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Google’s $100 million commitment is its third in rooftop solar projects – has invested $1 billion overall in sustainable energy; Milbank has represented Google in multiple renewables investmentsMilbank Elects Six Lawyers to Partnership
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
New partners span multiple practices, including securities and capital markets, project finance, tax, financial restructuring, space & transportation, and trusts & estates; lawyers resident in New York, Los Angeles, London
His recent representations include:
- Representing a wide range of international and Latin American clients in major power plant financings across Latin America (most recently in Mexico and Colombia).
- Representation of financial institutions (including export credit agencies) in major drillship, semi-submersible and FPSO transactions in Brazil and Mexico.
- Representation of financial institutions in the financing of Latin American mining projects (including in Chile and the Pueblo Viejo project in the Dominican Republic).
- Representing Citibank, Google and other institutions in various solar energy project investments.
- Representing project sponsors and lenders in major infrastructure projects throughout the Americas (including PR-22 among others).
Recognition & Accomplishments
Mr. Estevez speaks Spanish natively. He received a business degree in Economics from the University of South Florida and a law degree from the Hofstra University School of Law where he was a member of the Hofstra Law Review.
He is listed as a leading project finance lawyer in Chambers Latin America (Projects), Chambers USA (Expert in Projects) and the Legal 500.