Peter Memminger is a partner in the Frankfurt office of Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy and a member of the firm’s Corporate Group.
Primary Focus & Experience
He focuses on mergers & acquisitions (including distressed situations) and public takeovers with a particular emphasis on private equity transactions and is also involved in outsourcing transactions.
News:Milbank Advises on the Acquisition of Wessel-Werke
Link to the German version of the deal notice: Milbank berät beim Erwerb der Wessel-WerkeMilbank Advises Apax on Sale of LR Health & Beauty Systems to Aloco
Link to the German version of the deal notice: Milbank berät Apax Partners beim Verkauf von LR Health & Beauty Systems an Aloco
More News about Dr. Peter Memminger, LL.M.
His recent major transactions include providing legal advice to/on:
- Amerigon on the friendly takeover of publicly listed W.E.T. Automotive Systems AG.
- Loyalty Partner on the sale to American Express.
- The Carlyle Group on the acquisition of Primondo Specialty Group (PSG).
- Lafayette Capital Partners on the acquisition of various locations of the insolvent fitness operator Elixia.
- The Carlyle Group and Advent International on the sale of HT Troplast Group to Arcapita.
- SULO GmbH on the acquisition of Cleanaway Deutschland Group.
- Apax on the acquisition of the cosmetics manufacturer and distributor LR International.
- Apax and Goldman Sachs PIA on the acquisition of a participation in Kabel Deutschland and its subsequent secondary buy-out to Providence.
- Ixos Software AG in connection with the friendly takeover by Canadian OpenText.
The first PIPE transaction in Germany (General Atlantic Partners in Ixos).
Recognition & Accomplishments
Mr. Memminger is recommended for private equity deals by the German directory JUVE Handbuch, Chambers Europe and Legal 500. IFLR 1000 also recognizes him for M&A transactions.
He studied law at the university of Freiburg (Dr.jur.), the Faculté Internationale de Droit Comparé in Strasbourg and holds a post-graduate degree from the University of Miami (LL.M.). He is a regular lecturer on M&A related topics.
Mr. Memminger is admitted to the German bar and speaks German, English and French.