Paul E. Denaro is a partner in the New York office of Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy and a member of the firm’s Securities Group. A partner at Milbank since 2008, Mr. Denaro’s practice centers on issuances of debt and equity securities and financial restructurings.
Primary Focus & Experience
Mr. Denaro has extensive experience in both domestic and international capital markets transactions. His securities practice also includes securities regulatory counseling under the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and the Investment Company Act of 1940.
News:Milbank Represents Underwriters in $450M Inaugural Bond Offering by Peru’s Minsur S.A.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Among his recent representations:
- underwriters and issuers in high-yield debt offerings including, high-yield bond issuances for AerCap Holdings, Apex Tools, AjeCorp, Coazucar, Tenet Healthcare, TransUnion, Unifrax as well as numerous issuances in the power and energy sectors
- issuers and underwriters in high-grade corporate and sovereign transactions including, issuances for Verizon Communications, The Government of Canada, Export Development Canada, and the Government of Bermuda. Mr. Denaro represented the underwriters in Verizon’s $49 billion bond offering to fund its acquisition of Verizon Wireless. The $49 billion offering is the world’s largest debt capital market transaction.
- project finance and structure transactions including, the world's largest wind farm and other renewable energy projects
- creditors in some of the largest and most complicated out-of-court and in-court restructurings, including the Lehman Brothers, Lyondellbassell, Accuride and CapMark bankruptcies
- issuers and underwriters in IPOs and secondary equity offerings including, for Arcos Dorados (Latin Finances' Equity Deal of the Year) and Brookfield Infrastructure Partners
Recognition & Accomplishments
Mr. Denaro is recognized by The Legal 500 for his capital markets work. He graduated from Columbia Law School as a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar in 1999 and magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from Duke University in 1996.