Jacqueline Chan is a partner in the Singapore office of Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy.
Primary Focus & Experience
Jacqueline advises on a wide range of international corporate finance, and merger-and-acquisition transactions and restructurings. She specializes in structuring complex transactions for clients both within and outside of Southeast Asia.
News:Milbank Names Jacqueline Chan to Partnership
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEMilbank Advises on US$638 Million Acquisition Financing of PT Apexindo Pratama Duta TBK
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Milbank Acted For Mitra Group in One of Indonesia’s Biggest Acquisition Financings This Year
She regularly represents international private equity investors, corporations and banks and financial institutions, among others. Examples of recent representations include:
- Advising on all aspects of the highly complex US$1 billion acquisition of Indonesian coal mining company PT Bukit Makmur Mandiri Utama. ( Deal of the Year award: IFLR, Finance Asia, IFR Asia and ALB)
- Several international private equity funds on the divestment of their stake in Meiya Power Company to China Guangdong Nuclear Power Corporation. ( M&A: Outbound Investment deal of the year, China Business Law Journal)
- An international private equity firm in its sale of a stake in a listed Indonesian coal mining company to investors including Asian sovereign wealth funds.
- Private equity firms in connection with their acquisition of shares in an Indonesian finance company.
- An Asian oil services and shipping company on the restructuring of its US$180 million Norwegian senior secured bonds.
- An international private equity investor in connection with the divestment of its stake in a copper mine in the Philippines.
- The award-winning refinancing of a self-arranged US$600 million senior secured facility for an Indonesian coal mining company.
- The primary incoming sponsor shareholder in the structured acquisition financing of PT Apexindo Pratama Duta Tbk. (Deal of the Year, Asian Counsel)
- A private equity firm in its investment in PT Alfa Retailindo and subsequent divestment to Carrefour SA.
- The lender on a US$200 million facility to an iron ore miner in Mongolia’s first offshore syndicated loan.
In addition, Jacqueline has represented issuers and underwriters in a significant number of capital markets transactions, such as the first dual-listing on the HKEX and NASDAQ of a technology company, an investment-grade offering of a Malaysian shipping company, several high-yield debt issuances by a number of Indonesian and Indian corporates and various other liability management exercises.
Recognition & Accomplishments
Jacqueline is a recommended lawyer in Chambers Asia 2012. She received an LL.B. from the National University of Singapore. She is admitted to practice law in Singapore and England and Wales.