Gary Wigmore serves as the head of Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy’s Project Finance Group in Asia. A partner since 1994, Mr. Wigmore has previously worked in Milbank’s New York and Singapore offices. Since mid-2011, he has been spliting his time between the firm’s Hong Kong and Tokyo offices.
Primary Focus & Experience
Mr. Wigmore focuses mainly on project mergers and acquisitions, project development and project finance, representing lenders and borrowers. He works in many industry sectors, including power, oil & gas, mining, telecoms and infrastructure. In Asia, he has also worked on restructurings, acquisition and leveraged financings, privatizations, securitizations, M&A and private equity transactions. Mr. Wigmore has extensive EPC and project document experience in nearly every country in Asia.
News:China Policy: Strategic Developments in Solar and Wind Power Policies
Mr. Wigmore’s recent representations include advising on:
- The GNPower project in the Philippines for the sponsors (winner of deal of the year awards from International Financial Law Review; China Law & Practice; China Business Law Journal; Project Finance; Project Finance International, and Asian-Counsel.)
- The Cirebon power project in Indonesia for the Lenders
- Nuclear power projects in the US and Jordan for a Japanese technology provider
- A drilling rig financing for international lenders
- A steel plant financing in Malaysia for Chinese financial institutions
- The Ambatovy mining deal in Madagascar for the Lender
- The CBK hydro project in The Philippines (Asia-Pacific Multisourcing Deal of the Year, Project Finance)
The Phu My 3 power project in Vietnam for the Sponsors (Asia-Pacific Multisourcing Deal of the Year, Project Finance)
Recognition & Accomplishments
Mr. Wigmore is cited in Chambers Global and Chambers Asia-Pacific as a leading lawyer. He was ranked second by Euromoney Legal Media Group Expert Guide – “Best of the Best” as one of the “World’s Leading Project Finance Lawyers” in 2000 and was listed among the top ten lawyers in subsequent editions. Mr. Wigmore was also designated as one of “Asia’s Leading Project Finance Lawyers” in Asia Law’s Annual Survey. Prior to joining Milbank, Mr. Wigmore had significant financing and advisory experience at JP Morgan Bank and Ridgewood Energy. He is a frequent speaker at conferences and seminars.