Fabiana Sakai is an associate in Milbank’s São Paulo office and has over seven years of experience in Brazil. Her focus is on New York law-based consulting to Brazilian and U.S. companies and financial institutions in the areas of capital markets, M&A and financing.
Primary Focus & Experience
Ms. Sakai’s practice centers on capital markets, finance and corporate matters. Her clients include Brazilian corporations and U.S. and Brazilian banks and underwriting firms. She has extensive experience across a broad range of industries, including infrastructure, financial services, real estate, manufacturing and retail.
Among her recent representations:
- The underwriters in equity offerings of Magazine Luiza, Droga Raia and Direcional
- Itaú Unibanco in the sale of Bank of America’s entire equity stake in Itaú Unibanco
- Pão de Açucar in its acquisition of Ponto Frio and all of its international capital markets matters
- Marfrig in its acquisition of Keystone and all of its international capital markets and financing transactions
- HRT Participações em Petróleo, Cyrela Brazil Realty, Rossi, Cielo, Redecard, Hypermarcas, Fleury in their equity offerings
- The issuers/borrowers and underwriters/lenders in numerous investment grade and high yield debt offerings and other debt financings
Recognition & Accomplishments
Ms. Sakai studied law at University of São Paulo, Brazil. She holds post-graduate degrees from New York University School of Law (LL.M), Institute of European Studies graduate program in International Law, and the University of San Diego, Institute of International and Comparative Law. She is admitted to practice law in the State of New York and in Brazil. Ms. Sakai speaks Portuguese, English, Italian, French and Spanish.