Andrew Jánszky, a partner at Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy is the head of Milbank’s Latin America Practice Group and managing partner of the São Paulo office. His principal activity is New York law-based advice in the areas of capital markets, M&A, financing and corporate governance.
Primary Focus & Experience
Andrew Jánszky’s clients include Latin American companies and multinational banks. He has extensive experience in the infrastructure, financial services, oil and gas and power, retail, and telecommunications industries, among others.
Featured News:Milbank Represents Brazilian Investment Bank BTG Pactual Fund in $852M Joint Venture
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Latest in a string of Brazil-based deals for Milbank; joint venture will combine local presence with offshore experience to create a strong player in Brazil’s expanding oil/gas sector
News:Milbank Earns Top Tier Rank in 19 Areas by Chambers & Partners Global 2013
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Seventeen Partners Earn Highest Ranking in One or More Law SpecialtiesMilbank Represents Guatemalan Government in US$700 Million Sovereign Bond Issue
Debt offering underscores strength of Latin American economy; follows string of major capital markets, stock and project finance deals by Milbank this year in Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Chile and Peru
More News about Andrew Jánszky
Among his recent representations are:
- Gol and CSN in all corporate and capital markets matters
- CCR, BM&F Bovespa, Cielo and Redecard in all international capital markets matters
- The companies in equity offerings by HRT and Brazil Brokers
- Santander Brasil in its international debt financings
- The underwriters in equity offerings of Gerdau, Banco Santander, Queiroz Galvão, Droga Raia, Magazine Luiza and Direcional
- Itaú Unibanco in the sale of Bank of America’s entire equity stake in Itaú Unibanco
Marfrig in its acquisition of Keystone Industries
Recognition & Accomplishments
Mr. Jánszky is consistently ranked as a leading capital markets lawyer by numerous publications including Chambers Latin America, where he is ranked in Band 1, and The Legal 500. He speaks English, Portuguese, Spanish and French, among other languages.